Re: Instance Efficiency Percentages - Library Hit %: in AWR

From: Sreejith S Nair <sreejithsna_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 07:03:23 +0530

Hi Gaja ,

Many thanks for the hints.
Yes, we have experienced severe system slowness during this period. I have checked DBA hist active session history and I can see that for the problem time window 'Concurrency' wait ever came all of a sudden. This is happening only in one instance. Top foreground timed events being 'Cursor pin wait on X' and 'Library Cache Mutex-X' waits. A severity 1 SR is raised with Oracle for this.

There are bugs related to this 'mutex' , SQL high version count , which in fortunately I not available for our platform (Solaris x86 11.2.0.2)

Other recommendations were to increase sag , increase interval between memory resize operations ( yes we use AMM) , gathering dictionary and fixed object statistics.

The performance was really bad so that we see the Library Hit % being 1.7,0.8,-0.87 etc. I have analysed past trend which shows the % coming down.

The ADDM for problem window recommends some session holding a mutex lock and some others waiting for it which contributes 30% of the activity. The SQLs reported were not so bad a these were critical ones which normally works not so bad.

The activities that I see in this time on database are the statistics collection jobs , which were running. Not sure whether this has contributed a pressure in Library cache.

After we increased sga it's getting to normal state. But due to a (possible) bug I feel this will come again.

Regards,
Sreejith
-- Sent from my iPhone