Re: oracle total recall

From: Rumpi Gravenstein <rgravens_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 12:03:31 -0400

An elaboration of my point about flashback tables and recoverability -- your design should not only consider the features that you want to use but also how the use of those features impact your maintenance, recoverability and migration options.
Oracle support says the following about moving flashback data with Oracle 11gR2:

The only option available to restore flashback tables, is by cloning the DB
> with same set of flashback parameters on the to be duplicated instance. It
> must be a point in time duplication, or point in time restore and recovery
> of the database

What is explicitly excluded is the ability to export/import a flashback enabled table.