RE: RMAN duplicate RAC to single instance - how to not duplicate redo threads and temp tablspace
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 07:29:21 -0500
Not sure about the threads of redo BUT regarding:
" Also, I wondered if it was possible to have the duplicate NOT create the TEMP tablespace as part of the duplicate?"
- Set your UNTIL TIME to a *future* date and the RMAN duplicate will "fail" at the end
- At this point your auxiliary database is an exact copy of your target database (DBID and all)
- Now, if you don't use an RMAN catalog, the DBID is not a problem but if you *do* use an RMAN catalog and both the TARGET & AUXILIARY database are going to be stored in the catalog, then you *must* use NID to change the DBID of the AUXILIARY db - the one you created. To do this: 1. set (or export) ORACLE_SID=SID_NAME 2. Mount database 3. nid target=/ 4. Follow prompts and open database resetlogs;
- At this point you have 0 temp tablespace data files
- The TEMP tablespace is still part of the database however so you can a.) add datafiles to the tablespace, or b.) drop and recreate the tablespace as you want
- To add datafiles to the temp tablespace after this approach (but I think the file has to exist - not sure if a touch/fsutil command would work here though): ALTER TABLESPACE TEMP ADD TEMPFILE '/filesystem/filename.dbf' SIZE 1000M REUSE AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 1M MAXSIZE 8000M ;
- Probably you would want to drop/recreate the temp tablespace with the size you want.
HTH Chris Taylor
"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort." -- John Ruskin (English Writer 1819-1900)
Any views and/or opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ingram Industries, its affiliates, its subsidiaries or its employees.
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Taylor, Chris David Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 6:57 AM
To: 'campbell.neil_at_hotmail.com'; 'Oracle List' Subject: RE: RMAN duplicate RAC to single instance - how to not duplicate redo threads and temp tablspace