RMAN duplicate RAC to single instance - how to not duplicate redo threads and temp tablspace

From: neil campbell <campbell.neil_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 16:00:38 +1100

Hi all,

Using 11.2.0.2 and trying to work out if I can do an RMAN duplicate from 4 node RAC to single instance without the duplicate generating the 4 threads of redo?

Also, I wondered if it was possible to have the duplicate NOT create the TEMP tablespace as part of the duplicate?

I am running the duplicate as part of an automated script, and it is a simple statement as follows

     duplicate database PROD to TEST pfile='/u01/app/oracle/test/pfile.test' backup location='/orabackup'

This works very well, but the reason behind the requirement to not create additional threads and TEMP tablespace is the limited amount of space in the TEST environment at the moment. Removing the threads and TEMP tablespace would free up 48 Gb as the test environment doesn't run the batch jobs that use all that TEMP space.

Open to suggestions...

Thanks
Neil