NetApp Snap Manager For Oracle and DB Encryption

From: Jeff Chirco <JChirco_at_innout.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 17:02:56 +0000

Anybody have a NetApp SAN and use Snap Manager for Oracle (SMO) to create database clones off snapshots plus have Database Security? Normally during the SMO clone operation the wallet doesn't need to be open to create the databases but occasionally it does (probably because there is encrypted data in the undo/redo logs). Well when this happens SMO fails and there is no way that I know to manually open the wallet during its recovery process. I know how to open the wallet normally but I am talking about with SMO. Anybody out there have this issue as well? Jeff