Re: HCC in Pillar Storage

From: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 12:52:51 +0000

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 12:43 PM, Ls Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
> Recently Oracle/Pillar announced hybrid columnar compression in their
> storage arrays. Does anyone know if it is possible mixing data using HCC
> enabled array and a traditional array? I dont think so but just wanted to
> make sure.
>
> For example have a TB table stored in Pillar Axiom and a HP EVA?

Hello

Until 11.2.0.3 with PSU 1 it was possible. With latest PSU my dNFS lab is not working (http://oracleprof.blogspot.com/2011/11/dnfs-configuration-and-hybrid-column.html). HCC is enable on tablespace level so I can't see any issues (at least from DB perspective)
with mixing tablespaces from Pillar and HP EVA

regards,

--
Marcin Przepiorowski
http://oracleprof.blogspot.com