RE: RMAN duplicate is failing : database session for channel <channel_name> terminated unexpectedly

From: Taylor, Chris David <ChrisDavid.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 14:56:01 -0500

Have you checked the alert log for the database you are trying to duplicate to?

Oracle has a couple of bug reports for unexpected channel terminations but you'll need the error from the alert log file to narrow it down.

Thanks,

Chris Taylor

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort."
-- John Ruskin (English Writer 1819-1900)

Any views and/or opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ingram Industries, its affiliates, its subsidiaries or its employees.