Re: EM Integration

From: April Sims <aprilcsims_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 08:45:48 -0500

Everyone,
Please be aware that Oracle is changing support for SNMP functionality via OEM....and the same plans for Oracle Database.

*Management Agent's SNMP SubAgent is Deprecated in 11g Grid Control and Desupported in 12c Cloud Control [ID 1057526.1]

*
On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>wrote:

> We are in the process of setting up SNMP notifications from OEM12c to
> OpenNMS. We've managed to send out the test notification so far... we are
> still setting up OEM so no actual notifications have been set up yet. It's
> a very interesting experimient :-P
> Is there something in particular that worries you or is it just a general
> wondering?
>

> cheers
> Alan.-
>

> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Niall Litchfield <
> niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Has anyone integrated grid control with nagios or similar Enterprise
> > monitoring suites. I'd love to know some details.
> >
> > --

April C. Sims
IOUG SELECT Journal Executive Editor
http://aprilcsims.wordpress.com
Twitter, LinkedIn
Oracle Database 11g – Underground Advice for Database Administrators
<http://www.amazon.com/Oracle-Database-Underground-Advice-Administrators/dp/1849680000/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid72289339&sr=8-1#noop>
https://www.packtpub.com/oracle-11g-database-implementations-guide/book
OCP 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g DBA
Southern Utah University