Re: EM Integration

From: Karl Arao <karlarao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 16:06:10 -0500

I've configured SNMP traps for Firescope on OEM 11.1 The requirement is just to send out the critical alerts to the helpdesk. This is a typical you have to do a lot of reading an research and the implementation is pretty easy, and you just have to know your way with the notification rules, rules to methods, and metrics that they want to receive.

BTW, on the side of Firescope they can receive all of the alerts and just filter the ones they need to be able to associate the alerts to application it is tied to.

I can share you some of my notes, I'll just have to take out some customer data.

For now you can read on some resources on my wiki http://karlarao.tiddlyspot.com/#%5B%5BSNMP%20Traps%5D%5D

--

Karl Arao
karlarao.wordpress.com