Re: OS recommendations / experience

From: Niall Litchfield <>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 21:09:34 +0000

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 8:52 PM, ~Jeff~ <> wrote:
> We'd have a hard time justifying any other brand ,
> except perhaps Sun/Oracle on the basis of the "one throat to strangle" :D

Kevin Closson makes (albeit with an axe to grind) the point that when people use the phrase "one throat to strangle" they rarely end up meaning Larry's. :( Personally I'm all for having a variety of technologies, using the most appropriate and being clear to the sales guys that that's how it works. A lost sale for the salesman is a better noose than one throat to strangle for support for almost everybody. Plus you tend to make technology decisions then based on technology.

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA