RE: Lock

From: Taylor, Chris David <>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 07:08:15 -0500

From a technical perspective, no not really.

You would want to know the Oracle behavior - could you imagine if Oracle created one lock for EACH row affected by an update/insert/delete statement in a very active OLTP (type) system? DBAs would have to then be managing lock parameters by expected transactions and users I would think.

Chris Taylor

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort."
-- John Ruskin (English Writer 1819-1900)

Any views and/or opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ingram Industries, its affiliates, its subsidiaries or its employees.