Re: avg_row_len

From: Timo Raitalaakso <>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 23:08:02 +0200

The estimate would be something like your formula. Check also LAST_ANALYZED and does NUM_ROWS match count(*).

|AVG_ROW_LEN*| |NUMBER| Average length of a row in the table (in bytes)

How full are the used column data types populated? Does_ALL_TAB_COLUMNS AVG_COL_LEN match DATA_LENGTH
_ Will the future 600k row be poplated with similar data? You will not know. But it is an estimate.

Timo Raitalaakso