Re: Oracle Apps Upgrade from 11.5.10.2 to R12.1.1

From: John Piwowar <jpiwowar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 22:19:35 -0800

Hi Bala,
I don't really have any solutions for your situation, but a few comments:

First: If you skip a documented step for the R12 upgrade without the direction of Oracle Support, you are leaving your system in an unsupportable state. Do *not* do this.

A quick search on Metalink turns up several notes regarding performance of the appdstln.sql script, both for 12.0 upgrades and 12.1 upgrades. One of the notes (1088273.1) states explicitly, "NOTE: These patches and processes must be applied PRIOR to starting your upgrade. If you experience the performance issues after you have already begun, you will probably have to start fresh."

Finally, 2 weeks is a long time to wait for assistance from Oracle on what I assume is a time-critical project. I strongly recommend engaging with the Duty Manager to escalate this issue within Oracle Support. The fact that I was able to find references on on this topic with a very lightweight Metalink
search suggests that you should be able to get help from resources within Oracle to address your problem. If your current support analyst cannot help you, it is part of the Duty Manager's job to help find someone who can.

Good luck!

Regards,

John Piwowar