Re: X server for on AIX

From: Kurt Van Meerbeeck <>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 16:27:31 +0100 (CET)

Have you tried running VNC server on AIX ? Users can then either use VNC viewer or just a webbrowser...

  • Original Message ----- From: "Patrice sur GMail" <> To: "ORACLE-L" <> Sent: Wednesday, March 7, 2012 4:22:58 PM GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlin / Bern / Rome / Stockholm / Vienna Subject: X server for on AIX

So far, I can run as user oracle using Exceed as my X server, but I would like to be able to suggest a free alternative for my users. So far, everything I tested fails to run forms builder properly, they just hang or don't recognize mouse clicks.

I tried:

Neither seem to work as one would expect, I am guessing they cut corners.

Are there any good X servers out there for windows workstations?