RE: upgrade question

From: Sheehan, Jeremy <>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 10:21:50 -0500

Makes sense. Thanks for the info!

From: Phillip Jones [] Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 10:16 AM
To: Sheehan, Jeremy
Subject: Re: upgrade question

I think this is because of the new DBMS_AUDIT_MGMT package. It sets the default tablespace for audit tables to SYSTEM. You can verify this by looking in the dba_audit_mgmt_config_params view on a fresh 11g database.

Once you've upgraded you can move the tables back using DBMS_AUDIT_MGMT.SET_AUDIT_TRAIL_LOCATION.

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Sheehan, Jeremy <<>> wrote: Just curious about this, but what is the reason that the AUD$ table needs to be moved from SYSAUX to SYSTEM prior to an upgrade? For us, it currently resides in the SYSAUX tablespace. I'm looking over the 10g - 11g manual upgrade checklist