Re: scripts to parse oracle 10046 trace files?
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 09:15:57 +0000
To be perfectly honest you should probably remove mine from the list, for the following reasons.
- It hasn't been updated since 2004
- It almost certainly won't deal with 11g traces as a result. (I'll try it out)
- It almost certainly won't run correctly on Apex 4 as a result (I'll try it out)
- It's written in PL/SQL and doesn't handle large trace files well - perl or similar is a better language for this sort of job.
- As a result many of the others are much better choices.
I did have a GUI out there early though :)
On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 4:43 AM, David Mann <dmann99_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I have collected a list of 11 tools of this type on this page on my
> website: http://ba6.us/node/177
> Eventually I wanted to do a comparison matrix, but just haven't had
> the time. I compiled the list in 2010 I believe so there are probably
> some new offerings out there... I will keep an eye on this thread and
> update the page accordingly.
> Dave Mann
> www.ba6.us - Database Stuff - http://www.ba6.us/rss.xml
-- Niall Litchfield Oracle DBA http://www.orawin.info -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-lReceived on Tue Mar 06 2012 - 03:15:57 CST