Re: redo and undo

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 08:16:21 -0800 (PST)

LlogMiner reports the SQL statements to redo or undo the change; it does not report the amoujnt of redo generated for the operation specified.  You would need to query the data dictionary for such statistics ( The v$mystat view would show the redo stats for your current session; query v$mystat, run the statement then query v$mystat again and take the difference -- you should see what you're expecting to see in terms of redo generation.  A query to do this is:

select n.name, m.value
from v$mystat m join v$statname n on (n.statistic# = m.statistic#) where n.name like 'redo%';

David Fitzjarrell