Migration from 8i to 11g

From: David Ramírez Reyes <dramirezr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 07:39:19 -0600

Hello all!
We have some old instances running on Oracle 8i (8.1.7.1) and right now we are planning to migrate those to the latest version of Oracle (11g release 2); I know that this is maybe an insane migration, but we as DBA's, don't have that decision in our hands (this idea comes directly from the CIO, we would like to migrate to 10g first).

We have made some tests and the migration seems to be clean, but I must say that this is the first time am using 11g and I would not like to find any "surprise" when moving...

Apart from the client upgrade, any other suggestions or comments we may take care of?

Any information is appreciated!

Regards

David Ramírez