Re: vmware, and grid control

From: Rich Jesse <>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 09:07:13 -0600 (CST)

Ed writes:

> From what I understand, Oracle does not support
> any of their products on VMWARE.
> With that said, has anyone installed grid control on VMWARE ?
> If so, were there any issues ?

In December, I p2v'd our GC from an old P-IV Dell desktop running OEL4 to a guest on some recent version of ESX running OEL5.7, then upgraded to GC This is all 32-bit (until I can get to Cloud Control), if that matters.

Once I figured out *how* to do that (OS migration not possible, but OMS/Agent/Repository are), everything is and has been running as smooth as GC will allow. I have noticed typical performance quirks that can be found on any VM, but nothing out of the ordinary.