dbconsole - password change

From: Schauss, Peter (ESS) <"Schauss,>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 16:36:42 +0000

This is Oracle 11.1.0.7.0 on Windows Server 2003 (32 bit).

I changed the password for DBSNMP. Now I am trying to tell the dbconsole agent to use the new password. This is what I did:

  1. set oracle_sid= <my sid>
  2. emctl status dbconsole says "Enterprise manager is running".
  3. emctl stop dbconsole -> "The OracleDBConsole<sid> service is not started".
  4. Change the password in <ORACLE_HOME>\...\sysman\emd\targets.xml and change ENCRYPTED="FALSE".
  5. emctl start dbconsole -> "... service could not be started".

I should note, that I just installed the grid control agent on this server in case that makes a difference.

It looks like the console is running because it keeps sending me emails saying that the account is locked. Also, the log files are locked so I cannot find out why I can neither start nor stop the process.

What step am I missing here to implement the password change?

Thanks,
Peter Schauss