Re: DB Appliance

From: Martin Bach <development_at_the-playground.de>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 13:46:21 +0000

Hi!

Would you be able to run SLOB on it? Check Kevin Closson's blog for some background information. Having run SLOB on a T4 server I think it's a great measurement for how a system really scales, without Marketing background noise. More than interested in the results! Especially for the small SGA (a.k.a. PIO test) as well as the redo stresstest.

SLOB can be found here:

http://kevinclosson.wordpress.com/2012/02/06/introducing-slob-the-silly-little-oracle-benchmark/

Email me offline for information on how to set this up if you need any,

Martin

--
http://martincarstenbach.wordpress.com
http://martinbach-consulting.com