determining actual user when using EUS

From: Adams, Matthew (GE, Appl & Light) <"Adams,>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 11:33:54 -0500

I'm setting up a Oracle Internet Directory / Enterprise User Security implementation here.

When user Enterprise User ABC connects to the database via

Sqlplus abc/password

they are actually connected to database account xyz.

Select user from dual;

USER

XYZ   What I want to be able to see is the 'abc' enterprise username for a particular session.

I know I can see it for my own session using

select sys_context('USERENV','AUTHENTICATED_IDENTITY') from dual;

SYS_CONTEXT('USERENV','AUTHENTICATED_IDENTITY')

ABC   But if I'm trying to track down which user is running a particularly nasty query in my beloved production database, how do I determine it for that session?

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Feb 24 2012 - 10:33:54 CST

Original text of this message