Broadcast on commit and log file sync

From: saurabh manroy <>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 10:56:53 +0100

Hello All,
I am seeing the following message in lgwr tracefile along with 'log write time wait time' warnings:

Warning: log write broadcast wait time 3000ms

This is a RAC database (Version We are using default BOC SCN scheme.

My question is: In RAC, Can this wait time exacerbate problems of log file sync waits ? Any known conditions ?

There are few bugs (e.g. 7716356) on MOS pointing to increase in log file sync waits due to BOC scheme, but i am unable to draw a clear picture in my mind about the whole mechanism of BOC and how can it impact log file sync.

Any comments are welcome.

Saurabh Manroy