Re: Oracle upgrade

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 14:38:32 +0000

Is the new location $ORACLE_BASE/admin/$ORACLE_SID/dpdump? That's the default and it wouldn't totally surprise me to find it recreated as part of the re-running of catalog.sql. I never touch the built in directories so can't tell you for sure.
On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com
> wrote:

> All,
> Before I go off like a gun in a colleagues face, has anyone
> had their DATA_PUMP_DIR changed when doing an Oracle upgrade? A colleague
> of mine did an upgrade of a dev database the other day for me from 11.2.0.2
> to 11.2.0.3. I had the DATA_PUMP_DIR pointed to an NFS mount to a san disk
> that is also shared out with windows. This way our developers can ask for
> a data dump and have access to it from their desktops. Well, today someone
> did & the file did not appears as expected, so after the 3rd try I looked
> at the definition and sure enough it had changed. Anyone else have a
> similar experience so I can blame Oracle.
>

> Richard Goulet
> Senior Oracle DBA/Na Team Leader

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA