Oracle upgrade

From: Goulet, Richard <>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 14:25:59 +0000

                Before I go off like a gun in a colleagues face, has anyone had their DATA_PUMP_DIR  changed when doing an Oracle upgrade?  A colleague of mine did an upgrade of a dev database the other day for me from to  I had the DATA_PUMP_DIR pointed to an NFS mount to a san disk that is also shared out with windows.  This way our developers can ask for a data dump and have access to it from their desktops.  Well, today someone did & the file did not appears as expected, so after the 3rd try I looked at the definition and sure enough it had changed.  Anyone else have a similar experience so I can blame Oracle.

Richard Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/Na Team Leader