RE: Strange Flashback Query Behaviour

From: Matt McClernon <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 21:55:20 +0000

> Don't forget that 11.2 gives you deferred segment creation by default, and this may complicate the issue. Try the test with segment creation immediate; and if you get the same error try creating the table, then waiting about 3 minutes before inserting. There used to be some interesting granulairty issues with SCNs and DDL.
>
> Regards
> Jonathan Lewis

I just tried the test case with "SEGMENT CREATION IMMEDIATE" and the same behaviour exists.  Plus the problem exists on 11.1.0.7 too. Its funny you should mention waiting between the CREATE and the INSERT because our current workaround is to add a dbms_lock.sleep for 30 seconds after the CREATE and this fixes the problem.  Do you have more details about the SCN granularity issues you mentioned..? I've logged this as a bug with Oracle but maybe this is expected behaviour under certain circumstances. Matt --
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Feb 13 2012 - 15:55:20 CST

Original text of this message