EM database control question

From: Maureen English <maureen.english_at_alaska.edu>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 12:24:06 -0900

I'm in the process of creating a few databases on a new machine. I ran dbca and generated the scripts to create the new databases, then ran the scripts.

What I found was that when I ran the scripts for the first database, it configured EM database control to use port 1158. When I ran the scripts for the second database, though, it configured EM database control to use port 5500.

Isn't there a way to have just one instance of EM database control running on a machine, using port 1158, but then be able to monitor any database from that one instance?

We're not using Grid Control.