AW: Wait Event - rdbms ipc message

From: Petr Novak <Petr.Novak_at_trivadis.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 16:49:25 +0000

Hallo Jon,

I think the 11G RAC instances communicate more than under 10G. You can try to look in ASH which statements are connected with this wait.

Best Regards,
Petr

Von: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]&quot; im Auftrag von &quot;CRISLER, JON A [JC1706_at_att.com] Gesendet: Dienstag, 7. Februar 2012 16:56 Bis: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Betreff: Wait Event - rdbms ipc message

Oracle RAC 11g, AWR reports shoes the metric "rdbms ipc message" as the #1 in Top 5 wait events.

I have to admit I don't think I have seen this before, and I am not sure where to look-

11gR2 on Red Hat Linux 5 64 bit, ASM to SAN.

Any suggestions ?

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Feb 07 2012 - 10:49:25 CST

Original text of this message