RE: Oracle Streams

From: Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed_at_xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 11:51:02 -0500

We are running Oracle Streams where we are streaming selective tables from four different Oracle ERP systems geographically located at different locations (US, EU). Tables are getting streamed to a central database. What we seen is that:
- Streams APPLY will need to be tune to get a good performance. Initially we had issues with the APPLY speed but once APPLY was tuned, tables are staying in synch most of the time. - The main issue is with the long running transactions where we have seen that APPLY lags behind by several hours on large spilled transactions. According to Oracle, this is a limitation of Streams and the solution is to run those batch jobs directly against the APPLY database.