RE: Enforcing plan via SQL plan baseline

From: Hameed, Amir <>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 16:26:29 -0500

Thanks Mihajlo...I have tried that as well but the outcome was the same.

From: Mihajlo Tekic [] Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2012 4:22 PM To: Hameed, Amir
Subject: Re: Enforcing plan via SQL plan baseline

Have you tried to fix the plan that you want to be used. (Fixed Plan Baseline) BICJBG   ~Mihajlo

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Hameed, Amir <> wrote:

When using SQL plan baseline, is it possible to instruct the optimizer to use a baseline that has sub-optimal plan than the one it is currently using. For example, a SQL statement, which cannot be altered because it is coming out of a COTS application, is currently using an index scan and I would like to force it to use FTS. I have tried forcing the optimizer to use the SQL plan baseline but it keeps using the index path and hence ignoring the plan baseline. Any feedback will be appreciated.