RE: Standby databases

From: Amaral, Rui <Rui.Amaral_at_tdsecurities.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 15:58:00 -0500

Of course, this is also assuming that you don't want to stray too far away from the options available you.

Once GoldenGate became available (not too long after our initial setup that I mentioned) then we pursued a setup like you envisioned with the initial logical actually being fed by GG rather than Dataguard then that one was the primary with a physical standby behind it. But as usual, in this scenario licensing will be a concern for you.

Rui Amaral
Database Administrator