Re: table in ANSI JOIN *but not* being accessed at all?

From: Michael Moore <michaeljmoore_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 12:53:25 -0800

I don't quite get what you are saying.
You said, "If I run this statement I get 196 total rows." The example shows

     INNER JOIN IBARDM.CUSTOMER cu <<---- This table not being access in the SELECT or WHERE stmt

        ON cu.customer_id = co.customer_id

Later you say:
"*Now, if I add a CU.CUSTOMER_ID* (the table not being accessed) *to the*WHERE, the SELECT, or the
* INNER JOIN*, then I get 0 rows and the table gets accessed."

From your example CU.CUSTOMER_ID already *IS* in the INNER JOIN. I'm confused.

I've tried to duplicate the behavior you've described but with simplified tables. No success. It's a weird problem, but I suspect there is a reason rather than it being a bug.
Mike