RE: RAC partitioning question

From: Walker, Jed S <Jed_Walker_at_cable.comcast.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 17:53:07 +0000

Greg,

I was just thinking about that and made some notes. My only thought (would need to test) is whether I could still have a unique index on just the old PK column without it having to be global. (I'll update on that)

For example:
Pk_id number
Start_time number
Pk on (start_time, pk_id)
Unique index on (pk_id)

Also, on Tim's point, I guess I could also make the old PK smaller since it could wrap now that is appended to the start_time_in_millis columns. The chance of rolling through, say 10000, sequence values within a second is almost nill.