Re: MOS - site changing again

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist2_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 10:24:39 -0600 (CST)

John writes:

> FWIW, Works ok w/ Firefox 9.0

Ditto.

> I'm disappointed to learn that my old method of generating links to
> documents isn't going to work (e.g.
> https://supporthtml.oracle.com/ep/faces/secure/km/DocumentDisplay.jspx?id=316366.1).
> Easy enough to change my TextExpander snippets to adapt to the new format,

I was worried for a bit that the new URL didn't contain the doc ID, but after looking at an embedded link in a MOS doc, I see the change is indeed easy.

> Then again, its still the weekend. They have time to put together a few
> rewrite rules together and resolve that little problem.

I don't know. So far, this is turning out to be the most pleasant of Oracle Support upgrades. I like the Javascript area resizing on the dashboard (or is that FF9 doing it?), it does seem quite snappy, and one can now view non-tech SRs with tech SRs (minor, until you have both).

Overall, my initial reaction is "two thumbs up". I'm sure I'll find something I don't like (getting an article's direct URL might be slightly more cumbersome now), but so far, so good for me. And that's saying something for this picky Ess O Bee. :)

Rich