Re: Historical interest- does anyone have a list of platforms supported for 7.x and 8.x?

From: Subodh Deshpande <deshpande.subodh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 10:21:16 +0530

Hello,

HP, SCO, solaris, digital Unix, Altos Unix, for oracle 7.x I had used personal edition of orale 7 under windows(95,97)..sorry do not remember whether standard and enterprise were available.

HP, SCO, solaris, digital Unix, Altos Unix, RHEL for 8.x windows 95,97 for personal oracle 8,8i and for standard and enterprise Windows NT

Thanks!
Subodh

On 30/01/2012, Martin Bach <development_at_the-playground.de> wrote:
> Good evening listers,
>
> out of (historical) interest, does anyone have the list of platforms
> supported with Oracle 7.x and 8.x? The download sites are long closed
> and I can't check those.
>
> So for everyone who knows, could you kindly go back memory lane and help
> me find on which platforms Oracle was supported at the time? I checked
> the certification matrix but as you can imagine 8i does not have useful
> information associated with it (and I didn't bother checking for 7.x)
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Martin
>
> --
> http://martincarstenbach.wordpress.com
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/martincarstenbach

Love me or Hate me both are in my Favour.
Love me, I am in your Heart. Hate me, I am in your Mind.