Oracle Agent port 10000 follow-up

From: Taylor, Chris David <ChrisDavid.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 14:11:21 -0600

Found the solution on metalink for this today after running into this issue: Port Clash On Port 10000 For [Emagent.Exe] With Backup Exec Remote Agent (Doc ID 1266570.1)

Cause
=== ODM Cause Determination ===

The issue is caused by the following setup: This port is used by a DHTML server that was implemented to support beacons.

Solution

  • ODM Solution / Action Plan ===

Edit the file %ORACLE_HOME%/bin/commonenv.bat

set EMPERLVER=5.8.3.0.2
set EMPERLOHBIN=perl\5.8.3\bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread set EMAGENT_DHTML_PORT001

Save and close the file.

Restart the dbconsole and confirm that the port 10000 is no longer in use by any emagent.exe.

(Add the set EMAGENT_DHTML_PORT001 line)

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort." -- John Ruskin (English Writer 1819-1900)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the information on any medium.

RE: Port for emagent.exe

  • From: "Jiang, Lu" <Lu.Jiang_at_xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l_at_xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 18:05:06 -0400

Tested on different target machines, I found that em agent would use two

port when it started, one is the default port and the other is 10000 if

it is not be used. If 10000 is already used by other process, then em

agent would pick another port.