Re: Convert database from AIX to Windows

From: Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 11:09:31 +0000

Hi Dennis,

On 19/01/12 22:12, Dennis Williams wrote:
> One point I didn't see mentioned in this discussion is "endianness" I
> believe AIX is a big-endian machine while Windows/Intel is little-endian.

Using transportable tablespaces cross platform requires RMAN to convert the data files to the correct format. If it cannot do it, it will tell you.

I can't remember if the endianness had to be the same on both platforms though - when I used TTs to migrate a system both were the same.

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar