RE: Convert database from AIX to Windows

From: Jeff Chirco <JChirco_at_innout.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 00:25:07 +0000

We did this same thing 1 year ago with about the same size database. I pre-created all the tablespaces ahead of time on the new database then just did a full database datapump export from our 10.2.0.4 database then imported it into the new at that time 11.1.0.7 database. Took a few hours but it worked well.

I voted against Windows but was over ruled. But I do have to say that we have not any issues with our database running on Windows, actually we had more issues with AIX.