Re: infoworld call

From: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 15:15:01 +0000

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 6:00 PM, Rich Jesse <rjoralist2_at_society.servebeer.com> wrote:
> Ray writes:
>
>> infoworld say this bug is really ugly.
>
> Well that certainly does sound potentially ugly.  And it describes the
> reason behind the 16K/s transaction limitation that was discussed here a few
> years back.
>
> At least I have my SCN growth patterns for about a year now and we won't
> even hit 80B in the next 10 years.  At current rates.  Provided nothing else
> changes.  Ever...

I think it is ugly - I was able to prepare new XE database with quite huge SCN (MOS check from [ID 1393363.1] reported Result: C - SCN Headroom is low) and after that simple DB link allow me to propagate that SCN to other database using user account.

regards,

--
Marcin Przepiorowski
http://oracleprof.blogspot.com