Re: storing blobs in database

From: Brent Day <coloradodba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 11:59:18 -0700

If backup time is that critical you could store them in the same database using a dedicated tablespace for the LOB data. Then exclude that tablespace from your standard backup and create a backup process to backup the LOB tablespace.
To exclude the tablespace use the following RMAN command "CONFIGURE EXCLUDE FOR TABLESPACE <LOB TABLESPACE NAME>;

Brent