RE: FAL_SERVER and FAL_CLIENT

From: Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 18:21:27 +0000

You need to set these in view of the database that your setting them on. Take 2 databases apple1 and apple2:
	 on apple1 fal_client would = apple1 and fal_server =apple2
	on apple2 they would be reversed.

AND BTW: it's best as I've found to use the db_unique_name which does not have to equal the db_name or the SID, but MUST be unique among the linked databases..

Richard Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/Na Team Leader