Re: SQL Performance Problem between 2 Databases WITH FIX included for this case

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 15:27:59 -0700

A 10053 trace won't do you any good if the plans are the same. But you don't necessarily need a 10046 trace either. Just looking at v$session_event will give you that info as well. I've taken a page out of Tom Kyte's runstats script and created bstat / estat sql scripts. bstat save the current values to a GTT. Estat does the same and the prints the deltas. Or you could use Tanel's snapper script. Although that could present a problem for the faster query.

Regards
Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation
http://www.centrexcc.com