Multiple VMs using the same Oracle binaries

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 13:02:53 -0700

Currently we are running 10g EE on SUSE10 on an IBM mainframe. Early February we will be getting a new mainframe. The storage for all databases will be unplugged from the old mainframe and plugged into the new one. So far no issues, I've done this before.

The next step is to upgrade all databases to 11g. My lead SA informed today that he wants to use the same oracle binaries for all database VMs. I can see the benefits from his perspective but I don't think that should be the overriding concern here. He doesn't manage the oracle binaries, I do. Has anyone done the shared binaries between servers before? What are your thoughts?

--

Sandy
Transzap, Inc.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Jan 16 2012 - 14:02:53 CST