Re: Big files

From: Andy Colvin <acolvin_at_enkitec.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 22:10:55 -0600

One thing of note is that on versions below 11.1, rman will not be able to break a bigfile tablespace into multiple chunks when taking backups using parallelism. Starting with 11.1, rman can break a large file into multiple pieces using the section size parameter. From my experience, I would only create bigfile tablespaces on ASM. It's generally easier to expand ASM diskgroups than individual filesystems.

Andy Colvin

Principal Consultant
Enkitec
andy.colvin_at_enkitec.com