Re: waits

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 12:33:28 +0000

Hi Sidi (?)
This may sound daft, but are you sure you have a problem? I ask because your ADDM extract says - emphasis mine

Symptoms That Led to the Finding:

     Wait class "Other" was consuming significant database time.

  • Impact is .02 active sessions, 56.98% of total activity. * * * That implies to me that 100% of activity would be 0.035 active sessions - that is 1 second of database activity for about every 28 seconds of wall clock time. That's a pretty idle RAC node! This is one area where I don't like the wording of the ADDM report. I'd prefer

*Wait class "%S" was consuming a significant share of total database time. *

Then it would make it clearer that one also has to look at total database time in relation to the report period.

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.orawin.info