RE: 11.2.0.2 RAC Directory Structure

From: CRISLER, JON A <JC1706_at_att.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 05:51:33 +0000

Steve- the one thing I would recommend is to make the CRS and ASM homes the same, rather than a total 3 different homes. We have built numerous systems both ways, and the 2-home version is easier to manage. I can see if you want to separate out any ASM responsibilities from DB, but I think the vast majority of customers have one DBA technical role for managing the entire system.

The second thing I would recommend is to use Unix rather than Windows for RAC :)