Yikes! Grid Control 11 ate my jobs!

From: Taylor, Chris David <ChrisDavid.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 14:42:18 -0600

We had a problem on our vmware farm today which caused reboots of some of our guest OS(s). Due to this problem, the agents on some of the guests were "blocked" when trying to communicate with the OMS after they came back up.

Following the advice of Note: 1307816.1 - after Note: 799618.1 didn't fix it, I managed to get the agent to recommunicate with the OMS server.

However, it appears that following the advice in Note: 1307816.1 has the unintended effect of removing your jobs from your OEM jobs tab.

That is a mildly annoying to say the least. :)

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort." -- John Ruskin (English Writer 1819-1900)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the information on any medium.