Re: Batch Print BLOB PDFs - How?

From: Brent Day <coloradodba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 14:08:13 -0700

You could write some java pl/sql using the class found here: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E10415_01/doc/bi.1013/e12693/oracle/apps/xdo/common/pdf/util/PDFDocMerger.html That should allow you to combine multiple PDFs and send one large file to a printer/download, etc.

Another option would be to loop through a list of rows and generate the PDF and print from your database servers using shell script.

Other list members may have better ideas.

Brent

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 2:00 PM, Michael Moore <michaeljmoore_at_gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks Brent,
> But the problem is not storing or retrieving a single PDF. Our application
> can already display a single PDF in a new web browser tab or optionally
> Download it as a disk file. What don't know how to do is BULK/BATCH print,
> on the printer mutiple PDFs in one go.
>
> Regards,
> Mike
>

> On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Brent Day <coloradodba_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Mike,
>>
>> Not sure if you have seen this Ask Tom article
>>

>> http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/asktom/f?p=100:11:0::::P11_QUESTION_ID:232814159006
>>
>> Hope that helps,
>> Brent
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Michael Moore <michaeljmoore_at_gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> How can I print a lot of PDFs that are stored as blobs in the
>>> database. One
>>> BLOB = on PDF.
>>> Thanks,