RE: 11.2.0.2 setting password

From: Wolfson Larry - lwolfs <lawrence.wolfson_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 03:09:25 +0000

Never mind
SET LONG 999999
Got it for me

-----Original Message-----

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Wolfson Larry - lwolfs Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 8:48 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: 11.2.0.2 setting password

I tried this example when I wanted to reset original PW

SQL> select dbms_metadata.get_ddl('USER','COSKAN') from dual;

DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL('USER','COSKAN')

   CREATE USER "COSKAN" IDENTIFIED BY
VALUES 'S:1F0648E7E665F0A0EE44B1E9BD4B626A77CA25B376A49177F9E97DF98BFA;26EB15F771A78542'

      DEFAULT TABLESPACE "USERS"
      TEMPORARY TABLESPACE "TEMP"

But
I only got back
DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL('USER','SYSTEM')

   CREATE USER "SYSTEM" IDENTIFIED BY VALUES 'S:1F0648E7E665F0A0EE44B1E9BD4B626A7 OOPS!
What am I missing?

  Larry

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged.

If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please resend this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system.

Thank You.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Nov 30 2011 - 21:09:25 CST

Original text of this message