Active Dataguard -- Cascade Standby or not

From: Stalin <stalinsk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 17:24:17 -0800

We have a requirement from one of our customer to have up to 15 ReadOnly DB sites all replicating data from so called primary site. Active dataguard seems to be a perfect fit but I was wondering the impact on the primary site in replicating data to all 15 readonly Active physical standbys. Only one standby site will be the failover target and configured in SYNC Availablity mode and rest in ASYNC Performance mode. Also, i was wondering if having a cascade standby's instead of having primary site to replicate all standby's a viable option to reduce load on primary with the trade off in additional lags from standby.
If anyone could share your experences or things to watch for in similar setup is greatly appreciated.

--

Thanks,

Stalin
PS. 11.2.0.2 RAC (Primary), 11.2.0.2 (Standby, Single Instance), Linux

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Nov 30 2011 - 19:24:17 CST

Original text of this message